Flaps 20 BBQ Shares their Award Wining BBQ Spare Ribs using their Thriller Rub and Texas Pepper BBQ sauce, all included in the July subscription box.
Serves: 2 to 3
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 2-2-1
1 Pork Rib (Spare, St Louis or Baby Back)
1 cup yellow Mustard
Spritz ( 1 cup fruit juice w/ 1/2 cup brown sugar and tsp salt)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter
Texas Pepper BBQ Sauce
- Prep ribs by removing membrane from rib side using pairing knife. Lightly coat with yellow mustard and season with Thriller Rub. Flaps 20 prefer to season rib side first then finish meat side.
- Place ribs on smoker (225 - 235 deg) and spritz every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove ribs and place them in foil, add butter brown sugar lightly covering the whole rib and wrap tightly.
- Place rib back on smoker for another 2 hours.
- Remove ribs from foil and place back on smoker coating them with Texas Pepper sauce every 15-20 minutes until done.
- Let rest for 20 minutes, slice and serve.